Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Monastery in Southern Crete

On Saturday my friends and I rented a car and headed to the southern coast of Crete! Despite my tendency towards car sickness, the drive through the country was beautiful. We stopped at a monastery on the way...and it turned out to be like a little town in and of itself! This was my first time being at one, so maybe they're all that way? Anyway, here are some of the images I captured there :)









This looks so ancient to me.









The candles for lighting when saying a prayer for someone in the Greek Orthodox church




















 Greece!











 I liked this climbing vine









Love the lens flare!









Shadow of a palm tree on the cement









The Bell Tower











No comments:

Post a Comment